The year has passed, and it is now 2018. What have I accomplished? My indie game development progress can be summed up with one word:
— Dust Scratch Games (@Dust_Scratch) December 11, 2017
It’s almost 2018, I plan to write a status report of my game development status soon. In short, I think I spent most of my dev time in 2017 on trees, and am still doing so even today. At least I learned a lot… still feels frustrating though.
For some time, I’ve ignored an issue where objects are in between my game camera and the focus object (in my case, the player). My past games had sparse environments, so this was never really a problem. But my current game will be a bit more diverse than that. When thinking about how to resolve this, I realized there is a simple solution that, while not perfect, gives acceptable results.
I haven’t made too many updates lately regarding my development on “True King,” which I announced around this time last year.
The reality is, I haven’t opened my project files in almost four months.
This isn’t the first time this happened to me…